Join Penn IUR for its first annual scavenger hunt (#IURHunt) in partnership with the Urban Studies program, the Center for Undergraduate Research and Fellowships (CURF), and the Student Sustainability Association at Penn (SSAP). This scavenger hunt will introduce participants to urban facts about Penn’s campus as well as many of the great urban-focused organizations and initiatives on campus. After receiving clues via Twitter, participants will document their scavenger hunt around campus through photos and tweets. The event will culminate in a celebration and reception in a location that will be disclosed via clues. The reception will include prizes for participants, and the opportunity to engage with representatives from various urban-focused Penn organizations. Students can learn more about Penn IUR’s Undergraduate Urban Research Colloquium (UURC), urban undergraduate research opportunities, urban courses offered across campus, student sustainability organizations and their activities, and other Penn IUR initiatives. Register below to participate or follow Penn IUR on Twitter (@penniur) and on Facebook (facebook.com/penniur.upenn) for more information.
Important things to know:
- Clues will be released at noon. Participants will have from 12 - 4pm to find and document their clues at their convenience (reminder: this is not a timed scavenger hunt; your creativity will win the prizes!)
- A celebratory reception with food, drinks, and prizes will be held from 4 - 5pm at a location that will be announced on Twitter (@penniur).
- Winners will be announced at the finish line!
- At the finish line representatives from all sponsor organizations will be available to discuss undergraduate research opportunities, urban courses, sustainability initiatives, and more!
- If you have any questions, tweet directly to @penniur or contact Laura Barron at firstname.lastname@example.org.